In hot summer days while going out for shopping with friends or doing some sort of outdoor activity, we tend to feel tired earlier than we think. The reason is simple; our body looses glucose and lacks hydration. To overcome this, you my wish to grab a soft drink bottle, cold coffee or some other energy drink. But hey! we all know the bad effects of such drinks available in the market. They all contains refined sugar, preservatives and chemicals. So what else we can opt?
Well, natural drinks and juices are the best way to hydrate and energize our body in summer and sugar cane juice is one of the best among them. It works as a quick energy booster. It's readily available everywhere, good for health and cheap. As per general conception, sugar cane juice contains only sugar. Yeah! it is true, but it is comprised of the right sugar (unrefined sugar) which is actually good for our body. It is widely consumed in Brazil, India and South East Asia. Health benefits of sugar cane juice are pretty awesome and some of them are:
- It hydrates the body quickly when exposed to prolong heat and physical activity, also refreshes and energizes the body instantly as it is rich in carbohydrates.
- Sugarcane is cold in nature which makes it one of the best natural coolant drink.
- It comprised of raw sugar which contains many nutrients and minerals; some of them are: Phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium.
- Sugarcane juice has low glycemic index which keeps the body metabolism healthy.
- Sugarcane juice is a great preventive and healing source for sore throat, cold and flu.
- It is alkaline in nature, therefore beneficial in fighting cancer. Studies have shown that it is effective in fighting prostate and breast cancer cells.
- This is one sweet drink diabetics can enjoy without fear, because it does not contains refined sugar.
- Sugarcane strengthens the stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes and brain.
- Febrile disorders which cause fever happen when there is a great amount of protein loss. But liberal intake of sugarcane juice provides the body with necessary protein and other food elements.
- Sugarcane juice acts like a mild laxative due to high amounts of potassium. Moreover, it aids in good digestion.
Sugarcane juice also helps to recover from Jaundice, clears the urinary flow and helps the kidneys to perform their functions smoothly. Most of us didn't knew that all this sweetness is so much good for our body and health. However; we must take some precautions before consuming the juice available at road-side juice bars.
- Always check if the proper hygiene is maintained at the juice bar.
- Always ask the vendor to wash the containers.
- Consume freshly prepared juice only.
Next time when you step out this summer, do not hesitate to have a full glass of sugarcane juice. It tastes good, energizes and hydrates our body and more over, provides many health benefits. So beat the heat in natural way and stay healthy.